FIRST OFF, LET’S TALK ABOUT WHY I LOVE CHRISTMAS:
As a kid growing up in a traditional Chinese home, there were no Christmas Trees, or Stockings hung. So of course as an adult I totally binged on Christmas. Let’s just say my dinky little Charlie Brown Christmas Tree has been up since 2009 and never taken down. Christmas just makes me happy, deliriously, unreasonably happy!
MY CHRISTMAS COOKIE OF CHOICES THIS YEAR:
After much testing and drooling over the many recipes online and from friends, I narrowed it down to these 5 bad boys : Cute, Christmasy, Salty & Sweet, and a Flavor for each of my loved ones!
1. Grinch Cookies by Katrina’s Kitchen – Even the Grinch can’t hate these delectable green cookies
2. Santa Sugar Cookies by Diamonds for Dessert – What Christmas would be without Santa! I love this recipe because not only is the recipe Easy, but Susan from Diamonds for Dessert provides a great step by step visual for how to recreate the Santa cookie design.
3. Christmas Crack Cookies by Whoopie – Ok, so this isn’t technically a cookie but I have relatives that aren’t super into traditional cookies and instead like the whole salty/sweet combo. So these bad boys fit the bill and then some. Note: You will want to use 2 sticks (1 cup) butter when you make these and Bake at 350 degrees
4. Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies by Sally’s Baking Addiction – Classic cookie with a twist. I love cake batter cookies and what cookie arrangement would be without everyone’s favorite – chocolate chip! Sally has tested and improved this recipe and it shows when you make these! Note: Add Christmas Sprinkles to this for a more festive look!
5. Chinese Almond Cookies by The Nibble – Do you like almonds? Do you like cookies? If the answer to this is YES, then YOU NEED to Try this!!! This is a favorite of my brother since forever. The Nibble provides you with 2 versions of this recipe and after testing both, I will say you should only use Recipe 1. Note: When using Recipe 1, Add more Almond Extract if you like a more Almond flavor. I used 2-3 TBSP of Almond Extract.
- The Best Gingerbread Cookies by One Little Project at a Time – These look amazing, and I like the idea of soft gingerbread cookies.
- Fudge Crinkles by Food.com – An easy, no fuss option for those who have hectic work schedules but still want to make something delicious for the holidays!
- Christmas Rosette Cookies by No Biggie – Great for people who like cookies that are light, airy, and slightly sweet.